Thursday, February 16, 2017

Tourage: Descendents announce plethora of gigs

The Descendents in Seattle. (Cat Rose photo)


The Descendents have unveiled their “Hypercaffium Spazzinate” 2017 tour dates.

Get on it, folks.

Here’s a choice quote from drummer/songwriter Bill Stevenson from our blog interview last year:

--- What inspires you musically to keep doing this for 38 years?

Ha, ha! You know what's funny is the really base-level, crude answer is one time I asked Keith (Morris) the exact same question, and he just goes, 'Well, Billy, what the fuck else am I gonna do?' (in a spot-on Morris impersonation). And I thought it was so genius, because was being very honest: this is all that I know, this is my life.

With me, I definitely wouldn't phrase it that way, but it's kind of like I have a triple Ph.D. in music, if you will, and so it seems it has proven to be the thing that I excel at and so, as long as I remain enthused, which I very much am, then I have no reason to stop or to question how long I've been doing it. As long as I wake up and wanna hear those Marshall (amps) in my face, which I totally do, as long as that's happening, I can still  play in the Descendents. But maybe I'll wake up one day and it'll be like, 'Hey, man, I'm gonna play drums with brushes and I'm gonna be in a little jazz band and play at the fancy restaurant here in town on Friday.' Who knows?



FEB 26
The Republik
Honolulu, HI

APR 6
The Catalyst Club
Santa Cruz, CA

APR 21
The Fillmore Detroit
Detroit, MI

APR 22
The Rave / Eagles Club
Milwaukee, WI

MAY 3
Union Hall
Edmonton, AB, Canada

MAY 6
MacEwan Hall
Calgary, AB, Canada

JUN 4
O2 Academy Brixton
London, United Kingdom

JUN 5
Melkweg Indie
Amsterdam, Netherlands

JUN 6
Schlachthof Wiesbaden
Wiesbaden, Germany

JUN 8
ARENA WIEN
Vienna, Austria

JUL 21
The Complex
Salt Lake City, UT

JUL 22
The Fillmore Auditorium
Denver, CO

AUG 4
The Fillmore Charlotte
Charlotte, NC

AUG 5
The NorVA
Norfolk, VA

AUG 24
The Commodore Ballroom
Vancouver, BC, Canada

SEP 7
Le Métropolis de Montréal
Montreal, QC, Canada

SEP 8
REBEL
Toronto, ON, Canada

SEP 10
Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
Providence, RI

SEP 22
House of Blues Houston
Houston, TX

OCT 6
The Pageant
St. Louis, MO

OCT 7
The Riviera Theatre
Chicago, IL

OCT 20
House of Blues Orlando
Orlando, FL

OCT 21
The Masquerade
Atlanta, GA

NOV 3
Uptown Theater
Kansas City, MO

NOV 4
Gas Monkey Live
Dallas, TX

NOV 4
Gas Monkey Dallas
Dallas, TX

NOV 17
House of Blues Cleveland
Cleveland, OH

NOV 18
20 Monroe Live
Grand Rapids, MI

DEC 1
Rams Head Live
Baltimore, MD

DEC 2
Starland Ballroom
Sayreville, NJ

DEC 15
Marquee Theatre
Tempe, AZ

DEC 16
Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV


They’re also in Australia now:

FEB 16
Hindmarsh, SA, Australia

FEB 17
Capitol Nightclub Murray St Perth
Perth, WA, Australia

FEB 20
170 Russell
Melbourne, VIC, Australia

FEB 22
Eatons Hill Hotel and Function Centre
Eatons Hill, QLD, Australia

FEB 24
Enmore Theatre
Newtown

No comments:

Post a Comment